Terms & Conditions
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING ARBITRATION: BY USING ANY LONELY SEAL SERVICES AND ACCEPTING THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS YOU ARE AGREEING (WITH LIMITED EXCEPTION) TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND US THROUGH BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION RATHER THAN IN COURT. YOU AND LONELY SEAL WAIVE THE RIGHT TO BRING OR PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION IN CONNECTION WITH SUCH DISPUTES. PLEASE REVIEW CAREFULLY SECTION 10, TITLED “ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER,” BELOW FOR DETAILS REGARDING ARBITRATION (INCLUDING THE PROCEDURE TO OPT OUT OF ARBITRATION).
1. CHANGES TO THE TERMS & CONDITIONS BY LONELY SEAL
Lonely Seal may amend these Terms & Conditions at any time by posting the amended Terms & Conditions on the Lonely Seal Services (available at https://www.LonelySealStreaming.com/static/terms). Any amendment to these Terms & Conditions will be effective upon posting on the Lonely Seal Services. Your continued use of the Lonely Seal Services after any such amendment is posted constitutes your acknowledgment and acceptance of such amendment. If you disagree to be bound by the updated Terms & Conditions, then, except as otherwise provided in Section 10, you may not access or otherwise use the Lonely Seal Services. Because the Lonely Seal Services are evolving over time, we may change or discontinue all or any part of the Lonely Seal Services at any time, without notice, at our sole discretion, and without liability to you. Lonely Seal may also limit certain features and services offered by the Lonely Seal Services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Lonely Seal Services without notice or liability.
2. ACCESS AND USE OF THE LONELY SEAL SERVICES
Age Limitations and Restrictions. The Lonely Seal Services are not directed to nor intended to be accessed or used by children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, you are not permitted to access, use, or register to use the Lonely Seal Services or to provide your personal information to Lonely Seal otherwise. If you are at least 13 and under 18 years of age, you may register with Lonely Seal only if you have the consent of your parent or guardian, in which case your parent or guardian will be required to consent to these Terms & Conditions on your behalf. Access to Content may be restricted due to age appropriateness. Accessing the Lonely Seal Services and/or the Content from territories where Lonely Seal does not offer the Lonely Seal Services is prohibited.
Registration and Your Information.
If you want to use certain features of the Lonely Seal Services, you must create an account (“Account”). You can do this with your email address via the Lonely Seal Site or Apps or using your account with certain third-party social networking services such as Facebook (each an “S.N.S. Account”). If you choose the S.N.S. Account option, please note that we will create your Account by extracting from your S.N.S. Account certain personal information such as your name and email address and other personal information that your privacy settings on the S.N.S. Account permit us to access.
You must provide us with accurate, complete, and up-to-date information for your Account, and you agree to update such information to keep it accurate, complete, and up-to-date. If you do not, we may suspend or terminate your Account. You agree that you will keep your password and Account information secure and will not disclose your Account password to anyone else, and you will notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account. You are responsible for all inaccuracies in your Account information and all activities that occur under your Account, regardless of whether or not you know about them.
Your License. Subject to your compliance with these Terms & Conditions, Lonely Seal grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license, with no right to sublicense, to view and use the Lonely Seal Services in connection with your permitted use thereof, including accessing and viewing the Content on a streaming-only basis through the Video Player, solely for personal, non-commercial purposes as set forth in these Terms & Conditions.
The Content. The Content is available for permissible viewing on or through the Lonely Seal Services.
You may only access and view the Content personally and for a non-commercial purpose in compliance with these Terms & Conditions. You may not either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web-based service, or other means remove, alter, bypass, avoid, interfere with, or circumvent any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices marked on the Content, Lonely Seal Services or any digital rights management mechanism, device, or other content protection or access control measure associated with the Lonely Seal Services or the Content, including geo-filtering mechanisms. You may not use technologies to access or use the Lonely Seal Services or Content from territories where Lonely Seal does not have rights or does not offer services. You may not either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web-based service, or other means copy, download, stream capture, reproduce, duplicate, archive, distribute, make available, upload, publish, modify, translate, broadcast, perform, display, sell, transmit or retransmit the Lonely Seal Services or Content unless expressly permitted by Lonely Seal in writing. You may not incorporate the Content into, or stream, or retransmit the Content via any hardware or software application or make it available via frames or inline links unless expressly permitted by Lonely Seal in writing.
Furthermore, you may not create, recreate, distribute, or advertise an index of any significant portion of the Content unless authorized by Lonely Seal. You may not seek to develop, build, or otherwise promote a business, product, or service utilizing the Lonely Seal Services or the Content, whether or not for profit. The Lonely Seal Services and Content covered by these restrictions include, without limitation, any text, graphics, layout, interface, technology, logos, photographs, audio and video materials, and stills. In addition, you are strictly prohibited from creating derivative works or materials that otherwise are derived from or based on in any way the Lonely Seal Services or the Content, including without limitation montages, mash-ups, and similar videos, wallpaper, desktop themes, greeting cards, and merchandise, unless Lonely Seal expressly permits it in writing. The foregoing prohibitions apply even if you intend to give away the derivative materials free of charge.
The Video Player. You may not modify, enhance, remove, interfere with, or otherwise alter any portion of the Video Player, its underlying technology, any digital rights management mechanism, device, or other content protection or access control measure incorporated into the Video Player. This restriction includes, without limitation, disabling, reverse engineering, modifying, interfering with, or otherwise circumventing the Video Player in any manner that enables users to view the Content without (i) displaying visibly both the Video Player and all surrounding elements (including the graphical user interface, any advertising, copyright notices, and trademarks) of the webpage where the Video Player is located; and (ii) having full access to all functionality of the Video Player, including, without limitation, all video quality and display functionality and all interactive, elective, or click-through advertising functionality.
Subject to your compliance with these Terms & Conditions, Lonely Seal grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license, with no right to sublicense, to download and install a copy of the Apps on a consumer electronics device (e.g., a mobile phone, tablet, television, or computer) that you own or control and to run such single copy solely for your own personal non-commercial purposes on such consumer electronics device.
You may not copy an App except to make a copy for backup or archival purposes. Except as expressly permitted in these Terms & Conditions, you may not: (1) copy, modify, or create derivative works based on the Apps; (2) distribute, transfer, sublicense, lease, lend or rent the Apps to any third party; (3) reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Apps; or (4) make the functionality of the Apps available to multiple users through any means. Lonely Seal reserves all rights in and to the Apps not expressly granted to you under these Terms & Conditions.
Accessing Apps from the App Store. The following terms apply to any App accessed through or downloaded from any app store or distribution platform (like the Apple App Store or Google Play) where the App may now or in the future be made available (each an “App Provider”). You acknowledge and agree that:
These Terms & Conditions are concluded between you and Lonely Seal, and not with the App Provider, and Lonely Seal (not the App Provider) is solely responsible for the App.
The App Provider is not obligated to furnish any maintenance and support services concerning the App.
In the event of any failure of the App to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify the App Provider to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law; the App Provider will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App. Any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be the sole responsibility of Lonely Seal.
The App Provider is not responsible for addressing any claims you have or any claims of any third party relating to the App or your possession and use of the App, including, but not limited to (1) product liability claims; (2) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (3) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
In the event of any third party claim that the App or your possession and use of that App infringes that third party intellectual property rights, Lonely Seal will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement, and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required by these Terms & Conditions.
The App Provider and its subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms & Conditions as related to your license to the App, and upon your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions, the App Provider will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms & Conditions as related to your license of the App against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
You represent and warrant that (1) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a terrorist-supporting country, and (2) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
You must also comply with all applicable third-party terms of service when using the App.
Ownership. As between you and Lonely Seal, Lonely Seal and Lonely Seal’s licensors exclusively own, control, and retain all rights, titles, and interests in and to the Lonely Seal Services and the Content, including all associated intellectual property rights. You acknowledge that the Lonely Seal Services, including without limitation the Content, are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States and foreign countries. You agree not to remove, alter, or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark, or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Lonely Seal Services, including, without limitation, the Content.
Your Responsibilities and Lonely Seal’s Enforcement Rights. You can access and use the Lonely Seal Services and Content for lawful personal, non-commercial, and appropriate purposes only. You agree not to engage in any conduct that:
violates the rights of others, including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of privacy, publicity, or other proprietary rights, harasses or harms another individual, impersonates any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresents yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity; or (2) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive;
uses technology or other means to access, index, frame, search, or link to the Lonely Seal Services (including the Content) that Lonely Seal does not authorize; remove, avoid, deactivate, descramble, disable, bypass, or circumvent any technological measure implemented by Lonely Seal or any of Lonely Seal’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect Lonely Seal Services, including without limitation content protection or access control mechanisms intended to prevent the unauthorized download, stream capture, linking, framing, reproduction, access to, or distribution of the Lonely Seal Services;
accesses, tampers with, or uses non-public areas of the Lonely Seal Services, Lonely Seal’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Lonely Seal’s providers;
involves accessing the Lonely Seal Services (including the Content) through any automated means, including “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers” (other than by individually performed searches on publicly accessible search engines for the sole purpose of, and solely to the extent necessary for, creating publicly available search indices – but not caches or archives – of the Lonely Seal Services, excluding those search engines or indices that host, promote, or link primarily to infringing or unauthorized content);
uses any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a Lonely Seal trademark, logo URL, or product name without Lonely Seal’s express written consent
access the Lonely Seal Services, including without limitation Content, or any portion thereof, for any commercial purpose or for the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms & Conditions ;
deciphers, decompiles, disassembles, or reverse engineers any of the software used to provide the Lonely Seal Services;
interferes with the access of any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Lonely Seal Services;
introduces viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment;
damages, disables, overburdens, impairs, or gains unauthorized access to the Lonely Seal Services, including Lonely Seal’s servers, computer network, or user accounts;
removes, modifies, disables, blocks, obscures, or otherwise impairs any advertising in connection with the Lonely Seal Services (including the Content);
uses the Lonely Seal Services to advertise or promote services that are not expressly approved in advance in writing by Lonely Seal;
probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Lonely Seal system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
collects or stores personally identifiable information from Lonely Seal Services without Lonely Seal’s authorization;
violates or encourages conduct that would violate any applicable law or regulation, constitute a criminal offense, or give rise to civil liability;
violates these Terms & Conditions or any guidelines or policies posted by Lonely Seal;
interferes with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Lonely Seal Services or
encourages or enables any other individual to do any of the foregoing or attempts to do any of the foregoing.
We have the right to investigate violations of these Terms & Conditions or conduct or activity that may affect the Lonely Seal Services. We may also consult and cooperate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who violate the law.
If Lonely Seal determines in its sole discretion that you are violating any of these Terms & Conditions, we may (i) notify you, (ii) use technical measures to block or restrict your access or use of the Lonely Seal Services, (iii) suspend or terminate your Account or access to the Lonely Seal Services and Content, and/or (iv) use any other available legal or equitable remedy. In either case, you agree to immediately stop accessing or using in any way (or attempting to access or use) the Lonely Seal Services and Content, and you agree not to circumvent, avoid, or bypass such restrictions or otherwise restore or attempt to restore such access or use.
No Spam/Unsolicited Communications. We know how annoying and upsetting it can be to receive unwanted emails or instant messages from people you do not know. Therefore, no one may use the Lonely Seal Services to provide personal information or otherwise collect information about users for the purpose of sending or to facilitate or encourage the sending of unsolicited bulk or other communications. You understand that we may take any technical remedies to prevent spam or unsolicited bulk or other communications from entering, utilizing, or remaining within our computer or communications networks. If you Post (as defined below in Section 4) or otherwise send spam, advertising, or other unsolicited communications of any kind through the Lonely Seal Services, you acknowledge that you will have caused substantial harm to Lonely Seal and that the amount of such harm would be extremely difficult to measure. As a reasonable estimation of such harm, you agree to pay Lonely Seal $50 for each such unsolicited communication you send through Lonely Seal Services.
Downloads. In order to participate in certain Lonely Seal Services or access certain Content, you may be notified that it is necessary to download software or other materials or agree to additional terms and conditions. Unless otherwise provided by these additional terms and conditions, they are hereby incorporated into these Terms and Conditions.
Suspension/Discontinuation. We hope not to, but we may change, suspend, or discontinue – temporarily or permanently – some or all of the Lonely Seal Services (including the Content and the devices through which the Lonely Seal Services are accessed) with respect to any or all users, at any time without notice. You acknowledge that Lonely Seal may do so at Lonely Seal’s sole discretion. You also agree that Lonely Seal will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Lonely Seal Services.
Internet Access Charges. You are responsible for any costs you incur to access the internet.
Customer Service; Availability. If we can help you, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service department by visiting our customer service web page on LonelySealStreaming.com. You acknowledge that from time to time, the Lonely Seal Services may be inaccessible or inoperable for any reason, including, without limitation: (i) equipment malfunctions; (ii) periodic maintenance procedures or repairs which Lonely Seal may undertake from time to time; or (iii) causes beyond the control of Lonely Seal or which are not reasonably foreseeable by Lonely Seal.
4. USER MATERIAL. Any licenses you have previously granted to Lonely Seal and/or Lonely Seal’s users to the reviews, comments, or other materials (collectively, “User Material”) you may have published, transmitted, submitted, or posted (collectively, “Post”) to Lonely Seal Services continue under these Terms & Conditions. Further, any representations and warranties that you own the User Material or otherwise have the right to grant the license to your User Materials that you hereby grant to Lonely Seal and that the Posting of your User Material does not violate any right of any party, including privacy rights, publicity rights, and intellectual property rights, continue to be valid and have full effect. In addition, you agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and other payments owed to any party because of your Posting User Material. Lonely Seal continues to disclaim any guarantees of confidentiality with respect to any User Material.
Third Party Posts. You agree to waive any legal or equitable rights or remedies you may have against Lonely Seal with respect to User Material provided by other users. You acknowledge that Posts are public and Lonely Seal cannot guarantee the accuracy or security of any information provided through such Posts; you access and make such disclosures at your own risk. Lonely Seal is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any information contained in a Post and shall not be responsible for any decisions made based on such information. Lonely Seal prohibits disclosing any inappropriate content or information, personal or sensitive information, on or through the Lonely Seal Services.
5. LINKED DESTINATIONS AND ADVERTISING.
Third Party Destinations. The Lonely Seal Services (including the Apps) may contain links to third-party websites, resources, or destinations. You will not infer or assume that Lonely Seal endorses, operates, controls, is responsible for, or is connected with these or other third-party websites, resources, or destinations, even if they link to Lonely Seal Services and even if such websites, resources, or destinations are operated by a person (including a legal entity) affiliated or otherwise connected with Lonely Seal. We provide these links only as a convenience and are not responsible for the content, products, or services on or available from those websites, resources, and destinations or links displayed on such websites. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any third-party websites, resources, and destinations and release Lonely Seal from any responsibility and liability to you for any content or other materials hosted and served from any such websites, resources, or destination. These Terms and Conditions do not govern your use of other websites, resources, or destinations.
Advertisements. Lonely Seal is not responsible for advertisements or any third-party material posted on any of the Lonely Seal Services, nor is Lonely Seal responsible for the products or services provided by advertisers. Any dealings you have with advertisers found while using the Lonely Seal Services are between you and the advertiser, and you agree that Lonely Seal is not liable for any loss or claim you may have against an advertiser.
6. TRADEMARKS. Lonely Seal, the Lonely Seal logo, www.LonelySealStreaming.com www.LonelySeal.com, and other Lonely Seal marks, graphics, logos, scripts, and sounds are trademarks, registered or otherwise, and trade dress of Lonely Seal, Inc. and the Hammad Zaidi Company, INC. You may not copy, download, or exploit any of the Lonely Seal trademarks.
7. FEEDBACK. Lonely Seal’s policy is not to accept unsolicited submissions, including scripts, storylines, articles, fan fiction, characters, drawings, information, suggestions, ideas, or concepts (“Unsolicited Submissions”). Lonely Seal’s policy is to delete any such submission without reading it. Therefore, any similarity between an Unsolicited Submission and any elements in any Lonely Seal creative work, including a film, series, story, title, or concept, would be purely coincidental. We welcome feedback, comments, and suggestions for improving the Lonely Seal Services (“Feedback”). You can submit Feedback by emailing us at Info@LonelySeal.com (subject line: “Feedback”). You grant to us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid, royalty-free, sublicensable, and transferable license under any and all intellectual property rights that you own or control to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based upon and otherwise exploit the Feedback for any purpose.
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, AND INDEMNITY
THE LONELY SEAL SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” LONELY SEAL DOES NOT GUARANTEE OR PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM THE USE OF OR CONTINUOUS AVAILABILITY OF THE LONELY SEAL SERVICES OR CONTENT. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, LONELY SEAL EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES IMPLIED FOR A COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR COURSE OF DEALING. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, LONELY SEAL MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT YOUR USE OF THE LONELY SEAL SERVICES OR CONTENT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS TO THE LONELY SEAL SERVICES OR CONTENT WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE LONELY SEAL SERVICES, CONTENT OR THE SERVERS ON WHICH THEY ARE AVAILABLE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU ON, THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE LONELY SEAL SERVICES OR THIRD PARTY
Y SERVICES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THROUGH USER CONTENT OR THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISEMENTS) WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, TIMELY OR COMPLETE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, LONELY SEAL WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY, OR DEATH) RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE LONELY SEAL SERVICES, CONTENT, PROBLEMS OR TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE LONELY SEAL SERVICES, CONTENT, ATTENDANCE AT A LONELY SEAL EVENT, ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE LONELY SEAL SERVICES OR CONTENT, ANY USER CONTENT, ANY THIRD PARTY ADVERTISEMENT OR THIRD PARTY SERVICE TRANSMITTED ON, THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE LONELY SEAL SERVICES, OR THE CONDUCT OF ANY USERS OF THE LONELY SEAL SERVICES OR CONTENT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE. YOUR USE OF POSTS, THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISEMENTS, THIRD-PARTY SERVICES, AND THE GOODS OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY ANY THIRD PARTIES IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AND AT YOUR OWN RISK.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE LONELY SEAL SERVICES AND CONTENT, AND ANY INFORMATION TRANSMITTED OR RECEIVED IN CONNECTION THEREWITH, MAY NOT BE SECURE AND MAY BE INTERCEPTED BY UNAUTHORIZED PARTIES. YOU ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, FOR THE ENTIRE COST OF ANY MAINTENANCE, REPAIR OR CORRECTION TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER PROPERTY OR RECOVERY OR RECONSTRUCTION OF LOST DATA NECESSITATED BY YOUR USE OF THE LONELY SEAL SERVICES.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, LONELY SEAL’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO LONELY SEAL FOR THE LONELY SEAL SERVICES AND CONTENT DURING THE TERM OF YOUR USE OF THE LONELY SEAL SERVICES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, LONELY SEAL WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES OTHER THAN THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO LONELY SEAL FOR THE LONELY SEAL SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF YOUR USE OF THE LONELY SEAL SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY OTHER GENERAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, AND INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE LONELY SEAL SERVICES OR CONTENT.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY DAMAGES YOU INCUR ARISING OUT OF LONELY SEAL’S ACTS OR OMISSIONS OR YOUR USE OF LONELY SEAL SERVICES OR CONTENT ARE NOT IRREPARABLE AND ARE INSUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION OR OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF RESTRICTING THE AVAILABILITY OF OR ANY PERSON’S ABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE ANY PORTION OF THE LONELY SEAL SERVICES OR CONTENT.
THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION APPLY WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF LONELY SEAL HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES.
YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD LONELY SEAL, ITS AFFILIATES, STATIONS AFFILIATED WITH LONELY SEAL, PRODUCERS OF CONTENT, EACH ADVERTISER, SPONSOR AND THEIR ADVERTISING AGENCIES, SUBCONTRACTORS AND OTHER PARTNERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, AGENTS, PARTNERS, AND EMPLOYEES HARMLESS FROM ANY LOSS, LIABILITY, CLAIM, OR DEMAND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, MADE BY ANY THIRD PARTY DUE TO OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OR MISUSE OF THE CONTENT OR THE LONELY SEAL SERVICES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT, LIMITATION, ANY USE OF YOUR ACCOUNT, WHETHER OR NOT AUTHORIZED BY YOU), YOUR BREACH OF THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS, YOUR VIOLATION OF ANY RIGHTS OF ANOTHER, OR ANY CONTENT THAT YOU TRANSMIT THROUGH THE LONELY SEAL SERVICES.
9. NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. We respect copyright law and expect our users to do the same. It is our policy to terminate, in appropriate circumstances, subscribers or account holders who have been adjudicated as repeat infringers on Lonely Seal Services. We accept proper notifications of claimed copyright infringements that comply with the appropriate 17 U.S.C. § 512 subsection regarding material or information location tools residing on our Lonely Seal Services. Please direct notifications of claimed copyright infringements to Lonely Seal’s copyright agent by completing the form at LonelySealStreaming.com/Support and selecting “Content” from the list of available topics. You may also contact us by mail at:
Attention: Copyright Agent
Lonely Seal Streaming
531 Esplanade, Suite #502
Redondo Beach, CA. 90277
10. ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER
(1) Lonely Seal, including its Affiliates, agents, employees, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, and you agree that any Dispute (as defined herein) between you and Lonely Seal regarding any aspect of your relationship with Lonely Seal, will be resolved in a binding, confidential, individual and fair arbitration process, and not in court. Each of you and Lonely Seal agrees to give up the right to sue in court. The terms of this Section 10 are referred to in these Terms & Conditions as the “Arbitration Agreement.”
(2) The term “Dispute” is to be given the broadest possible meaning that will be enforced and shall include any dispute, claim, demand, count, cause of action, or controversy between you and Lonely Seal, whether based on contract, statute, regulation, ordinance, tort (including, but not limited to, fraud, misrepresentation, fraudulent inducement, negligence, or any other intentional tort), or any other legal or equitable theory. The term “Dispute” specifically includes, but is not limited to, any disputes, actions, claims, or controversies between you and the Lonely Seal that arise from or in any way relate to or concern any Content, products, or services provided by Lonely Seal including but not limited to the Lonely Seal Services (as defined above), this Arbitration Agreement, any other aspect of these Terms & Conditions (including their applicability and their conformance to applicable law), any billing disputes, and any disputes relating to telephonic, text message, or any other communications either of us received from the other.
The only exceptions to this Arbitration Agreement are that (i) each of you and Lonely Seal retains the right to sue in small claims court and (ii) each of you and Lonely Seal may bring suit in court against the other to enjoin infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights. Disputes over whether these exceptions apply shall be resolved by the court in which such action has been brought; the arbitrator shall resolve all other disputes over arbitrability.
(3) Each of you and Lonely Seal also agrees to give up the ability to seek to represent, in a class action or otherwise, anyone but each of you and Lonely Seal (see paragraph 9 below).
(4) There is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is limited. An arbitrator must follow this Arbitration Agreement. The arbitrator, however, can award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court (including injunctive and declaratory relief or statutory damages), provided that they are recoverable under these Terms & Conditions.
(5) These Terms & Conditions evidence a transaction in interstate commerce, and thus the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16, governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement shall survive termination of the Terms & Conditions.
(6) Any arbitration between you and Lonely Seal will be conducted by the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”), pursuant to the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules & Procedures effective July 1, 2014 (the “JAMS Rules”), as modified by this agreement to arbitrate. A single, neutral arbitrator shall conduct the arbitration, and if you and Lonely Seal cannot agree on who that single arbitrator will be, the arbitrator will be appointed pursuant to the JAMS Rules, with the participation and involvement of Lonely Seal and you pursuant to JAMS Rule 12. The JAMS Rules are available on its website at http://www.jamsadr.com/rules-streamlined-arbitration/. The Consumer Arbitration Minimum Standards are available at https://www.jamsadr.com/consumer-minimum-standards/. The arbitrator is bound by these Terms & Conditions.
(7) If either you or Lonely Seal wish to arbitrate a claim, you or Lonely Seal must first send by mail to the other a written Notice of Dispute (Notice) that sets forth the name, address, and contact information of the party giving notice, the specific facts giving rise to the Dispute, the Lonely Seal Service to which the Notice relates, and the relief requested. Your Notice to the Lonely Seal must be sent by mail to: Arbitration Notice of Dispute, 531 Esplanade, Suite #502, Redondo Beach, CA. 90277. Lonely Seal will send any Notice to you at the contact information we have for you or that you provide. The senders are responsible for ensuring that the recipient receives the Notice. During the first 45 days after you or we send a Notice to the other, you and we may try to reach a settlement of the Dispute.
(8) If you and we do not resolve the Dispute within 45 days, either you or we may initiate arbitration in accordance with the JAMS Rules. Further instructions on submitting a Demand for Arbitration may be found at http://www.jamsadr.com/files/Uploads/Documents/JAMS_Arbitration_Demand.pdf. In addition to filing this Demand for Arbitration with JAMS in accordance with its rules and procedures, you must send a copy of this completed Demand for Arbitration to the Lonely Seal at the address listed above to which you sent your Notice of Dispute.
(9) You and the Lonely Seal acknowledge and agree to abide by the following rules for arbitration:
(a) YOU AND LONELY SEAL MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS, REPRESENTATIVE OR MULTI-CLAIMANT PROCEEDING, AND THE ARBITRATOR SHALL HAVE NO POWER TO AWARD CLASS-WIDE RELIEF; (b) Lonely Seal will pay arbitration costs as required by the JAMS Consumer Arbitration Minimum Standards and consistent with paragraph 10 below; (c) the arbitrator may award any individual relief or individual remedies that are permitted by applicable law and these Terms & Conditions; and (d) each side pays his, her or its own attorneys’ fees, except as otherwise provided in paragraph 10 below.
(10) JAMS charges filing and other fees to conduct arbitrations. Ordinarily, the claimant has to pay the filing fee to initiate arbitration, but if you wish to commence an arbitration against Lonely Seal, you and the Lonely Seal acknowledge and agree to abide by the following:
If you seek to recover less than $10,000 (including attorneys’ fees), Lonely Seal will pay the filing fee on your behalf or reimburse your payment.
If you seek to recover $10,000 or more, you will have to pay the filing fee JAMS charges, but Lonely Seal will reimburse the filing fee if you prevail on all claims the arbitrator decides.
Lonely Seal and you agree that if the claims to be arbitrated total less than $10,000 (inclusive of attorneys’ fees), the claim ordinarily should be decided on written submissions only, without a telephonic or in-person hearing. Lonely Seal will not request a hearing for claims totaling less than $10,000. The arbitrator shall not construe this provision to deprive you of any rights you may have to a telephonic or in-person hearing in your hometown area pursuant to the JAMS Rules.
Lonely Seal and you agree that if the claims to be arbitrated total $10,000 or more, the arbitration will occur in a manner and place consistent with the JAMS Rules.
(11) Regardless of how the arbitration proceeds, each of you and Lonely Seal shall cooperate in good faith in the exchange of non-privileged documents and information as necessary in accordance with the JAMS Rules, and the arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain his or her findings and conclusions.
(12) Each of you and Lonely Seal may incur attorneys’ fees during the arbitration. Each side agrees to pay his or her its own attorneys’ fees unless the claim(s) at issue permit the prevailing party to be paid its attorneys’ fees, and in such instance, the fees awarded shall be determined by the applicable law(s). In addition to whatever rights you may have to recover your attorneys’ fees under applicable law if you prevail in the arbitration, and if Lonely Seal failed to make a settlement offer to you before the arbitration or the amount you win is at least 25% greater than Lonely Seal’s highest settlement offer, then Lonely Seal will pay your reasonable attorneys’ fees in addition to the amount the arbitrator awarded. If Lonely Seal wins the arbitration, you will be responsible for your own attorneys’ fees. In addition, if the arbitrator, at the request of the winning party, finds that the losing party brought a claim or asserted a defense frivolously or for an improper purpose, then regardless of the amount in dispute, the arbitrator must order the losing party to pay both sides’ arbitration fees and may order the losing party to pay the winning party’s reasonable attorneys’ fees, unless such an award of fees is prohibited by applicable law.
(13) The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief, only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim, only as permitted by applicable law, and only to the extent that declaratory and injunctive relief are permitted by these Terms & Conditions. The arbitrator shall have no authority to award punitive, exemplary, multiplied, or consequential damages or any other relief not allowed under this Arbitration Agreement. The arbitrator also may not order Lonely Seal to pay any monies to or take any actions with respect to persons other than you unless Lonely Seal explicitly consents in advance, after an arbitrator is selected, to permit the arbitrator to enter such an order. Further, unless Lonely Seal expressly agrees, the arbitrator may not consolidate other persons’ claims with yours and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative, multi-claimant, or class proceeding.
(14) You and Lonely Seal agree to maintain the confidential nature of the arbitration proceeding and shall not disclose the fact of the arbitration, any documents exchanged as part of any mediation, proceedings of the arbitration, the arbitratorâ€™s decision and the existence or amount of any award, except as may be necessary to prepare for or conduct the arbitration (in which case anyone becoming privy to confidential information must undertake to preserve its confidentiality), or except as may be necessary in connection with a court application for a provisional remedy, a judicial challenge to an award or its enforcement, an order confirming the award, or unless otherwise required by law or court order. In keeping with the confidential nature of the arbitration, You and Lonely Seal agree that an order confirming award is only necessary if the obligations of the award have not been performed. Therefore, before taking any steps to confirm the arbitration award, the party seeking confirmation of the award must give the other party notice of its intention to confirm the award. If the party who would be the respondent in any such confirmation proceeding performs its obligation under the terms of the arbitration award within 15 business days of such notice, the party who gave notice of its intent to confirm the award shall not seek to confirm or otherwise enforce the award.
(15) With the exception of subpart (a) in paragraph (9) (i.e., the waiver of the ability to proceed on behalf of multiple claimants or a purported class), if any part of this Arbitration Agreement is deemed invalid, unenforceable, or illegal, then the balance of this Arbitration Agreement shall remain in effect and be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, or illegal provision were not contained. If, however, subpart (a) in paragraph (9) is found invalid, unenforceable, or illegal, then the entirety of this Arbitration Agreement shall be null and void, but the rest of these Terms & Conditions, including the provisions governing where actions against Lonely Seal must be pursued, the choice of governing law, and our mutual waiver of the right to a trial by jury, will remain in effect and apply to any claim that, for this or any other reason, proceeds in court rather than in arbitration.
11. TERMINATION. We may terminate your access to and use of the Lonely Seal Services, at our sole discretion, at any time and without notice to you. Without limiting the foregoing, we may, at our sole discretion, without notice to you, terminate or restrict your Account or your use of the Lonely Seal Services, including the Content, or any portion thereof, at any time, without liability, if Lonely Seal determines in its sole discretion that you have breached these Terms & Conditions, violated any law, rule, or regulation, engaged in other inappropriate conduct, place an undue burden on our networks or servers or for any other business reason or no reason. We may further use technology to limit activities, such as the number of calls to the Lonely Seal servers being made, and you agree to respect these limitations and not take any steps to circumvent, avoid, or bypass them.
You may cancel your Account via the functionality provided in Lonely Seal Services.
Upon any termination, discontinuation, or cancellation of the Lonely Seal Services or your Account, the following Sections will survive 2(b)(ii), 2(f)(ii), 2(g), 2(h), 6, 8, 10, 11, and 12.
12. VIDEO CLIPS/USE OF STREAMING BROADCASTS Lonely Seal reserves the right to use some or all of the streaming broadcasts that can use the video and pictures, and names attached to the project promoted on Lonely Seal for advertising and public relations purposes in connection with marketing Lonely Seal and or for use in “Launch Party,” our television/online/podcast show which chronicles some of our most significant launches via livestream. If the stream of a launch is chosen as an episode for “Launch Party,” the filmmakers and guests on the stream will be given appropriate IMDb credits for the specific episode in which they appeared. “Launch Party” episodes may be released on as many platforms, web, aggregators, distributors, network broadcast, cable, satellite, fast channels, OTT networks, and or any other distribution medium as seen fit by Lonely Seal.
13. GENERAL INFORMATION
Export Controls. Software and the transmission of applicable technical data, if any, in connection with the Lonely Seal Services are subject to export controls. You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding software and the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
Choice of Law and Forum.
These Terms & Conditions are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Delaware, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Except with respect to Disputes to be resolved through an arbitration process in accordance with the Arbitration Agreement contained above, you and Lonely Seal agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Delaware to resolve any Dispute arising out of the Agreement or the Lonely Seal Services. YOU HEREBY KNOWINGLY, VOLUNTARILY, AND INTENTIONALLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT YOU MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN RESPECT OF ANY LITIGATION (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS, COUNTERCLAIMS, CROSS-CLAIMS, OR THIRD PARTY CLAIMS) ARISING OUT OF, UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT.
YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE LONELY SEAL SERVICES, OR CONTENT MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. AFTER SUCH PERIOD, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE PERMANENTLY BARRED.
No Waiver/Reliance. If you see other parties violating these Terms & Conditions, you may let us know at Info@Lonely Seal.Com (subject line: “T.O.U. Violation”). You may not rely upon Lonely Seal’s response with respect to one party or one situation as any indication of what Lonely Seal might do with respect to another party or another situation, even if the parties or situations appear to you to be similar. Similarly, if we fail to act in response to a violation of these Terms & Conditions, you should not assume that we do not object to the violation or even that we are aware of it. In addition, you may not construe a waiver of any provision of these Terms & Conditions with respect to any party as a waiver of that provision (or any other provision) with respect to either that party or any other party. Further, Lonely Seal’s decision to delay exercising or enforcing any right or remedy under these Terms & Conditions will not constitute a waiver of such right or remedy. Even if Lonely Seal acts in a way that appears to you to be inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions Lonely Seal’s action will not be deemed a waiver or constructive amendment of these Terms & Conditions. Lonely Seal’s failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms & Conditions will not be considered a waiver of such right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Lonely Seal. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms & Conditions, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms & Conditions will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms & Conditions or otherwise.
Integration, Amendment, and Severability. Please note that these Terms & Conditions, including any end user license agreement that might accompany Lonely Seal, authorized applications, features, and devices, constitute the entire legal agreement between you and Lonely Seal and govern your use of the Lonely Seal Services (including your use of the Content) (but excludes any services, if any, that Lonely Seal may provide to you under a separate signed written agreement), and completely replace any prior oral or written understandings or agreements between you and Lonely Seal in relation to the Lonely Seal Services, including Content. Except as set forth in Section 1 above, these Terms & Conditions may not be amended or varied except in writing, signed by Lonely Seal. Although we understand that electronic or digital signatures are frequently viewed as the equivalent of traditional written signatures these days, for these purposes, a signature or “signed” writing or written agreement may not include an electronic or digital signature. These Terms & Conditions operate to the fullest extent permissible by law. Suppose any provision of these Terms & Conditions is held to be unlawful, void, or unenforceable. In that case, you and we agree that the provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible, and the other provisions of these Terms & Conditions will remain in full force and effect.
Assignment. You may not assign or transfer these Terms & Conditions, by operation of law or otherwise, without Lonely Seal’s prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer these Terms & Conditions without such consent will be null. Lonely Seal may freely assign or transfer these Terms & Conditions without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms & Conditions will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors, and permitted assigns.
Notices. Any notices or other communications provided by Lonely Seal under these Terms & Conditions, including those regarding modifications to these Terms & Conditions, will be given: (i) via email; or (ii) by posting to the Services. For notices made by email, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
Contact. If you have any questions about these Terms & Conditions, please submit your questions at info@LonelySeal.com